Environmental Working Group
The BPO Environmental Group consists of nine members representing the following ports: Copenhagen Malmö, Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki, Turku, Rostock, Gdańsk, Liepāja and Kaliningrad. The main task of the EWG is to follow regulatory developments that affect the port business, especially those related to HELCOM’s activities. Among the many topics are: SOx and NOx emissions, port reception facilities for sewage from passenger ships, which is a concern for many of the Baltic ports as it is associated with substantial costs as well as proper waste management in ports.
If you are a BPO member and wish to join the Group, please contact the BPO Office.
- Ellen Kaasik, Head of Quality and Environmental Management Department, Port of Tallinn - EWG Chairman
- Markku Alahäme, Quality Manager, Port of Turku
- Magdalena Korpalska, Environmental Protection Specialist, Port of Gdansk Authority
- Daria Mróz, Environmental Protection Specialist, Port of Gdynia Authority
- Gert Nørgaard, Manager Strategy & Planning, Copenhagen Malmö Port AB
- Kaspars Ponemeckis, Port Enviromental Manager, Liepaja Port Authority
- Ilia Sidlo, Chief expert on environment protection,FSUE “Rosmorport”, Kaliningrad branch,Port of Kaliningrad
- Andrej Vatterrott, Port Development and Strategy, Port of Rostock