Environmental Working Group
EWG consists of eight members representing the following ports: Copenhagen Malmö, Stockholm, Tallinn, Helsinki, Turku, Liepāja and Kaliningrad.
The main task of the EWG is to follow regulatory developments that affect the port business, especially those related to HELCOM’s activities. Among the many topics are SOx and NOx emissions, port reception facilities for sewage from passenger ships, which is a concern for many of the Baltic ports as it is associated with substantial costs as well as proper waste management in ports.
- Ellen Kaasik, Port of Tallinn
- Airas Anton, Port of Helsinki
- Charlotta Solerund, Ports of Stockholm
- Heidi Nilsson, Port of Oslo
- Daria Mróz, Port of Gdynia
- Jonatan Stoltz, Copenhagen Malmö Port
- Markku Alahame, Port of Turku
- Katarzyna Skowrońska, Szczecin Świnoujście Seaports Authority
- Markku Alahäme, Port of Turku
- Suvi-Tuuli Lappalainen, Port of HaminaKotka
If you are a BPO Member and wish to join the Environmental Ports Working Group, please contact the BPO Office.