Manufacturing, the port, comprehensive railway network and the international airport are the cornerstones of Liepaja`s industrial development.
The Port of Liepaja means:
- a free economic zone (3 000 hectares);
- a multifunctional ice-free trading port on the Baltic Sea coastline;
- an overall complex of cargo handling and transportation services;
- free space to develop port services and manufacturing;
- tax incentives for manufacturing in the free economic zone;
- customs duty and exercise tax exemption in case of transit cargo from/to the CIS countries.